Sunday, May 26, 2013

Death Master

He swoops in at night
Never bothering to knock
He has every key
He can unlock any lock

Sometimes he comes swiftly
Often he takes his time
Everything is on his schedule
Nothing is on mine

Sometimes I scream
I scream for more years
I need more time
Time I'm willing to endear

But when I scream
He does not listen
Even when I beg
I need more time here


But he will not wait
He has no reason to
He says its too late
My time is due

As he grabbed me one night
Despite my plea
And told me the truth
One not just for me

"You are on my time
This is my choice
You are on my schedule
With me you have no voice"

I tried to get away
I twisted in fear
His grip was cold
His stare was clear


"I am taking you now
But I will take them soon
No one can get away
They will come too"

I twisted again
Fist in the air
I hit him hard
He did not care

"This is my time
This is my place
You are all in line
You just didn't know your place"

I stopped my struggle
I could no longer fight
He had swooped me away
And it was within his rights


No comments:

Post a Comment